I worked on a computer the other day with an issue about the Metro apps in Windows 8.1. It really stumped me for a little, but after browsing the internet and trying everything thing I could think of I came across the fix. Now I am going to share that fix with you.
First fix to try is to change the register with this PowerShell command. You can find PowerShell by searching for it in the Metro Screen. Once open type in the following:
powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env: SystemRoot\ImmersiveControlPanel\AppxManifest.xml
Second fix to try is to scan your machine for corrupted files and replace them if any corruptions are found. You may be required to reboot your PC. Open the Command Prompt as admin. You may have to right click on the Command Prompt icon and pick run as Administrator. Once open type in the following:
Now if everything else has failed try this step.
1)go to your startup menu and right click on any icon and it’;; take you to the file location.
2)Keep this folder open and now press window+R and type in “%programdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs” Without quotation marks.
3) keep these two folders open.
4) Not go to the first folder where it lists all the shortcuts icons.
5) Look for “PC SETTINGS” icon, it should be a blue icon.
6) Copy that and past it on the other programs folder.
7) Once that’s done open search bar and look for the same icon “PC Settings”
8) Now right click on it and click on the “Pin to start”
That’s all now go back to the main menu and check if it worked
Hope this helped